FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Quart size bag
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:47 pm
oneofthosepeopleyouloveto hate

Programs: I work for the TSA
I guess I'm somewhat curious, would this be water in general or water as needed to mix infant formula? And for that matter, if I were travelling with an infant and one TSO's tells me there is free water at the drinking fountains can I ask for a supervisor (purely from a water purity standpoint)?
I am referring to water for an infant or small child. Water for adults generally isn't permitted, although you may be able to claim you need it for a medical reason. (I have allowed it to go through under those circumstances, after testing it of course.)

Also, as I posted elsewhere, if a person comes through with Gatorade or Vitamin Water, I'll ask them if they need it for medical reasons (HINT HINT!). The ones smart enough to catch my drift get to keep their beverage (again, after testing).

You can always ask for a supervisor. It's kind of a crapshoot!

I'm not sure how far you'll get with the "water purity" argument, as water from fountains generally comes from a public water supply, and thus is considered safe to drink. Also, for the fussy, bottled water usually can be purchased airside!

In my experience, most TSOs are pretty lenient when it comes to parents with small children. Traveling with kids is enough of a nightmare as it is!