FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneway business class flight using CO / NW Miles?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:15 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by xmlsoa
I could transfer some miles to my CO account from Amex to make it 90k. But I dont see the point of wasting the return trip.

I believe for 120k I could to a BF RETURN TRIP (like I did last year) so I presumed that for 60k or so I could do a ONEWAY BF.

PS: Apparently FB is the only one that allows Oneway. I thought I might be able to redeem the 60k on AF / KLM but I guess thats no dice.
You have a year to use the return, assuming that you pay the $$ for the rebooking fee. So if you ever come back to the USA from BOM you could still ues the return eventually; it doesn't have to be thrown away.

As for oneway rewards, FB is not the only option in SkyTeam. Apparently KE also allows one-way rewards with their points, though maybe on ly on their metal (I just learned this tonight). There are a few others, including bmi, that offer oneway rewards in the other alliances.

I also just had a thought after re-reading your post. If you've got MR points you can dump those to FB and redeem there. You'll have to pay fuel surcharges and there may be limits to which metal you can redeem on for the o/w reward, but that would let you do it, assuming you have 60K AmEx MR points available.

Last edited by sbm12; Apr 10, 2008 at 9:08 pm Reason: added KE and a suggestion