FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo - $25 off R/T & 50 TB Points
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:23 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pitflyer
Good promo. If I register both my wife and I for the promo, can I book both our tickets through my account (as long as I enter her TrueBlue# for her account)? Or do I have to book the tickets separately so she gets promotional credit?

Another question -- is using a voucher for part of the fare still OK?
No idea re the voucher. For the promo, you should book each ticket as an individual reservation. If you are going to buy both tix on your AmEx you should only need to register yourself, as the credit goes to the cardholder, not the traveller.

Originally Posted by dinosims
I'm a bit confused about the terms of the promotion. The T&C state that the cardmember gets the additional points, but it doesn't state that the traveler and the cardmember have to be the same person. But how would B6 know if the cardmember was signed up for the promotion, as it's linked to the TrueBlue number? And the only TrueBlue number that's on a reservation is the one of the traveler....

So I'm thinking that it's actually the traveler that gets the bonus points, as opposed to the Cardmember - they're just making the assumption in the T&C that they happen to be the same person.

I think they're going to run into trouble with that then - people complaining that the T&C state that the cardmember gets the points and then either the traveler gets them or noone gets them at all because the traveller wasn't signed up for the promotion....

I don't forsee a problem at all. I would register myself, log in as myself and buy a ticket for someone else. You can only register if you already have a TB account so they know who you are when you buy the ticket and they should have no problems tracking that the ticket was used and then crediting you for buying it, regardless of who flies.