FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Bangalore, India [Master Thread]
Old Apr 6, 2008, 3:51 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

And another complaint...

The hotel drivers constantly try and get you to go a 'Arts & Crafts' shop, as they get a kick-back from the owners.

I got really pissed off yesterday as I just needed to get to a shop to pick up a cell phone, and I was in a bit of a rush. The driver started going on about the craft shop, but I refused. 30 minutes later (nightmare traffic) he pulls into a small car park, and tells me to "go in for 10 minutes, but I don't have to buy anything". I refused again and insisted he take me where I wanted to go. He did this reluctantly. We then spent another 15 minutes going back the way we'd come from to the mall that I wanted to go to.

The problem is that the hotel charges an absolute fortune for car transport. I've just found out that they are charging me over $50 each way to my office. I'd thought that this price was for a round trip - although it's my own fault for not confirming.

I'm now looking for an alternative. Maybe I should do a Rickshaw each way For anyone that has never been to Bangalore, have a look at the following YouTube link of a Bangalore Traffic Webcam. I can confirm that this is just what it's like :-

Bangalore Traffic

Cheers,
Rick