FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slew of fee increases eff 4/1, incl Direct Ticketing, Pets, UM, CRC, SkyMiles fees...
Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:12 pm
Tennisbum

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have yet to see any AF availability (even SkyChoice) show up online much less KL, AZ or OK for that matter (true these have not been announced as uploaded yet). They are charging us for things their web site does not do! We're trapped!
Originally Posted by Beckles
Unfortunately DL is hardly unique in doing this, NW does the same thing, the inability to do something on their website does not waive their telephone fees.
That's true to a point- for example, I find it a bit maddening that DL won't allow booking mileage upgrades online.

On the other hand, I've found that when the website wouldn't let me do things I'm "supposed" to be able to do, I've been able to have the fee waived or refunded.

Yesterday, for example, I was trying to book an award ticket and kept getting error messages re "pricing". So I called SMS and got an agent who said she could book it, but she'd have to charge me OR she could route me over to web tech support. The tech guy tried to make it possible for me to book online, but when that failed, he got an agent to book the ticket, gratis.