FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slew of fee increases eff 4/1, incl Direct Ticketing, Pets, UM, CRC, SkyMiles fees...
Old Mar 28, 2008, 5:09 pm
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by andymo99
  • CRC one-visit pass to go from $25 to $30 Justifiable. Inflation is hitting everywhere.
  • Unaccompanied Minor fee to go from $50 nonstop/$100 connecting to $100 for all Justifiable. It takes extra personnel to deal with unaccompanied minors.
  • Pets in cabin fee from $75 to $100 NOT justifiable. The pets aren't getting any heavier and they already count as one of the pax carry-ons
  • Pets as checked luggage to go from $150 to $200 Justifiable. It takes extra personnel to deal with checked pets.
  • Curbside checked bags as per other threads ($3 vs. free, exemptions include medallions, premium cabin, etc.) Not justifiable. These workers already work primarily for tips.
  • Oversize bag fee from $100 to $150, I believe as discussed elsewhere
  • Direct Ticketing Charge goes from $20 to $25 Watch the other airlines follow suit. Who drew the short straw this time?...Delta. In about a year the airline that drew the long straw will be the last to up the fee.
  • "ASC" for reissues, etc of non-refundable tix goes from $75 to $100 (only for tickets originally issued after 4/1) Not justifiable. 'nuff said.
  • Award ticket re-issues and redeposits go from $75 to $100, with PM waiver still in place see immediate item above
  • "Handling charge" for any award that includes a segment on another airline: $25 TOTALLY unjustifiable. Would this mean an award with three other airlines would cost $75? or $25 for the presence of one or more partner airline? What a total crock of sh!t!!!
By justifiable I am not saying that I condone the change. I can just "swallow" the ones I called justifiable more than the others.