FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most foolish error/omission you've made while travelling? What did it cost you?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:07 am
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Once, I marked the wrong day on my calender for a trip, thinking I was leaving on a Friday, when the tickets given to me were for Thursday. I then got to purchase a new outbound ticket for US$200~ Luckily I caught it while trying to online check-in and was able to get the new ticket. Felt like a tool.

Edit: The one and only time I bought "duty free" booze on the airplane, I left the bag under the seat in front of me (Iwas in DL BizElite). I realised it after passing passport control at VCE so I couldn't go back, and and by the time they could call the plane to check on it, it was gone (which I knew it would be here in Italia).

Not travel related but my biggest Tools T. McTool moment was trying to return a garment at a department store. I had purchased something at Foley's but before leaving to return it I put the garment and receipt from Foley's in a Dillard's bag. So I go to a mall and preceed to a Dillard's to try and return my item and argued with them for a good 5 minutes before realising the mistake. I then slinked away sheepishly.

Ciao,
FH

Last edited by FlyingHoustonian; Mar 26, 2008 at 2:25 pm