FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RealDLInsider - Questions/Answers
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2008, 4:40 pm
ClipperDelta

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by spgaston
The spin is what is truly rude and uncalled for when your audience is typically educated and travel savvy.
Irritated and angry Clipper head on:

Well, while most of the posts that show up on this board may be from 20-50 year olds, often times, the majority of the whiny posts on here sound like they are coming from a bunch of spoilt 10 to 15 year olds....

Irritated and angry Clipper head off (slightly).

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
I think it is insulting to the most loyal of Delta flyers that these changes are in any way positive.
99.99999999% of companies or entities try to spin a negative change into a positive message. Show me a single airline that has not tried to 'spin' a negative change. Every day, every hour, every minute, every second, in the world, there are Corporate Communications people out there trying to couch negative messages in a positive light. Would you do any differently if you were in a business or industry that is exposed daily to thousands and thousands of (mostly) anonymous customers (many of whom are simply not savvy or educated about the product or experience at hand)? It may seem that this forum is full of 'knowledgeable' people but this is ultimately the internet and millions of people around the world have access to it and many usually only have 'partial' facts right...

I am not sure that many of us in a similar corporate job would end up doing differently. As always, people should walk a mile (or more) in others' shoes....