FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:15 pm
okflyer

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Oslo to Seattle via CDG

I have read through most of this tread, with many good ideas for how to connect at CDG. I have a tight connection from OSL to SEA on May 16, 2008. Will need to absolutely be in SEA that day to reach my niece's wedding on May 17th in SEA.

The way I see it I either take my chance on making the connection at CDG since I do not believe AF has many other flights to the West Coast that day as a re-booking option if I miss the flight, or I can take an afternoon flight on the 15 of May to CDG from OSL. Since this is a Bonus mile flight I rather not spend the $ on changing my ticket and for extra hotel one night around CDG if I can help it. Any good suggestions?

My flight leave OSL 6.30 Am arrive at CDG at 8.55 AM terminal 2D. My CDG SEA flight leaves at 10.15 AM from Terminal 2E. On the e-ticket it says the deadline for check in is 9.15 AM. AF tells me they figure on only 45 minutes transfer time at CDG. The way I see it it will at least be until 9.40 before I can get to the gate, but Check in might be closed by then? Or are AF pulling a rug over my face? They btw told me if "I was not comfortable with the connect time I should change my schedule". Go figure, they have absolute confidence in their 45 min transfer time they quoted me!

Does anyone know if it is a lot of delays on these flights? Either from OSL to CDG or from CDG to SEA? Or is it worth it taking my chances?

IF I decide to take my chances, Should I contact AF to see if a staff person could guide me through the transfer mess? Take the air side bus?

Any and all help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have plenty of time on my SEA OSL layover at CDG in April,