View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 08, 12:17 am
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
I concur with SAT Lawyer's comments and they generally match my experience. I prefer CO over NW when flying from Texas to DCA, although if I have time and the price is similar I sometime go via MSP or DTW for better upgrade chances and more EQMs. (However, my only missed upgrade in 4 years as an elite on NW was DCA-MSP).

On CO you're not flying out of the dingy terminal A, and the President's Club near the CO gates is much better than the WC. It's airside, for one thing, and it's very open and spacious, has good views, I've never seen it crowded, and the staff is wonderful. Example: As usual I had not been EUA'd even on an H fare. When I checked into the PC she said I was at the head of the upgrade list for the one remaining F seat. After I went in and sat down, she called down to the gate and badgered them to process the upgrade, then brings my new BP over to me.

CO's leather F seats are nicer and the FA usually gets some help with the meal service. You get a hot towel service on CO and the meal is presented more nicely than NW's but I have to say that the CO food has slipped in recent months and I actually prefer NW's F meals.