FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to Bangkok Eating: Restaurants, Street Food and More
Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:52 am
ddrewboy

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Be sure to add "Little Chinese Boy," the stall with streetside tables that I wrote about in the Street Food thread (and maybe this one too) to the map. That name is a translation of the Thai name, which I can never remember. It's located directly across Charroennakorn Road from the Peninsula, alongside the canal (there's a Chinese temple on the opposite side of the canal) and next door to a Family Mart. If Bangkok uses the even-odd street numbering system like we use in the US (but unlike Britain), then we could safely estimate Little Chinese Boy's address as 332 Charroennakorn, since the Pen is at 333.

Very handy map, BTW. Thanks for building it.
I know which one you are talking about but dont remember the name either. If I have to literally translate it, it would be "Tee Noi" where "Tee" is chinese boy and "Noi" is small or little.

The street numbering system is also odd-even streets. Unfortunately, soi 1 is not always right across from soi 2 and vise versa. Take Sukhumvit for instance, the odd streets are more frequent than the even streets. Am I making any sense?

drew