FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Upgrade?
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2008, 8:33 pm
NDDomer86
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
As previously noted, it's pretty property specific, and while the T&C's make sure to note that the upgrade guarantee DOES NOT include suites, it does not necessarily exclude being upgraded to a suite at check-in. I've found that in instances where the hotel is sold out for the night, if they have not specifically sold the suites, then Platinums are generally first in line to be bumped up to one to make rooms available for other guests. That being said:

Renaissance Agoura Hills: Presidential Suite (although admittedly this was based on a previous agreement through their executive offices in regards to a few issues I had had on a previous stay)
Renaissance Glendale: 1BR Suite (very nice new property, although the excessive use of desert colors [orange] can be a bit straining on the eyes)
Torrance Marriott South Bay: 1BR Suite (hotel was overbooked for the night)
Key Largo Marriott: 2BR Suite
Renaissance Arts Hotel New Orleans: 1BR, 2BA Suite
JW Marriott Las Vegas: 1BR Suite
Burbank Airport Marriott: 1BR Suite
Renaissance Hollywood Hotel and Spa: Suite (essentially a much larger room with two King beds [yes Kings] and a sofabed)

And then of course the suite upgrades at CY's and RI's

As noted in a previous thread though, hotels don't seem to keen on the idea of upgrading to Junior Suites when they're available (which according to a ICC via a fellow FT member, are not considered suites)

**For those who care: If you want to see what upgrade a hotel has given you before arrival, you can check your reservation online the day of arrival and it will show the room type you've been upgraded to. I use this when I don't need to stay property specific at times to find the best upgrade

Last edited by NDDomer86; Mar 10, 2008 at 11:15 pm