FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is 30 min. connection at IAH terminal C to terminal C doable?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 2:35 am
emika

Programs: UA
With CO, I wouldn't worry about the bags. I was flying ROC-CLE-SFO and I had a 35-minute connection at CLE but my flight from ROC was delayed for 35 minutes due to late arriving aircraft The GA was very nice though, booked a seat for me on the first flight out of CLE to SFO the next day on UA and didn't cancel my seat on the connecting flight just in case.

While on board on ROC-CLE, the FAs were very helpful to people with connections and gave us gate assignments and told us which gate we would arrive at before we got off the plane. One even drew a little map of the terminal in CLE to show me where I had to run to for the SFO flight! The other pax that was going to SFO and I both managed to run to our gate in a minute and convinced the GA to let us board since the terminal door was closed but the plane was still at the gate.

At SFO, I didn't think I'd get my bags because I was on ground for 10-15 minutes in CLE but they made it

So.. Don't worry about it. If they can't get the gate assignment from the FA/pilot, just look it up online and text it to them. That's what I always do. Sometimes it's just easier to go directly to your next gate instead of trying to look for screens in an airport you've never been in when connecting.

And like someone else said, get seats up near front. I've made some crazy connections that I thought was impossible a quite few times on CO like a 30 minute domestic-int'l connection in EWR.