FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Bin Per Person - And That Means YOU!
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2008, 9:47 am
El Cochinito

One Bin Per Person - And That Means YOU!

Morning departure, BWI, D-gates. The WTMD TSO is shouting out orders to those of us waiting to deposit our belongings on the conveyor belt. "One bin per person, no exceptions, unless you have more than one laptop, one bin per person."

Now haven't we've all been drilled that the laptop must go in its own separate bin so it can be easily viewed on the x-ray? And I'm not gonna dump my Kippie bag, jacket, shoes and belt on the conveyor belt.

I see LOTS of empty bins at the end of the table. It's not like we have a bin shortage here. I'm thinking what we have here is a case of somebody on a power trip.

So I grab two bins.

Oh, he didn't like that. Not one bit. He's staring at me, repeating his mantra, and I'm staring at him right back. As I get ready to shove my two bins through the x-ray, he walks through the WTMD, grabs the bin with my jacket, Kippie bag and belt, and says, "I said one bin per person. That's the limit."

My response, "Is that so? And what exactly do you propose we do given that the laptop goes through separately?"

He takes my jacket, belt and Kippie bag and places them on TOP of the lap top, pushes the loaded bin through the X-ray followed by my shoes. Hands the confiscated second bin to an associate and waits for me on the other side of the WTMD.

I hand him my boarding card, and he hands it back to me. No retaliatory secondary which honestly surprised me.

Then he scolds me, "Next time listen to us. We know how to get you through (security) quickly. That's why we're the TSA's Number 1 Airport in the country".

I turned to him and just started laughing out loud. I couldn't help it, what he said was just so silly sounding. Which infuriated him even more but at that point I was already through the WTMD and had my boarding pass back in hand.

Yeah, BWI is the number 1 airport in the country. Makes me wonder who came in last...

Last edited by El Cochinito; Mar 4, 2008 at 10:05 am