FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cruise Meet-up Thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2008, 5:26 am
mechteach

Programs: Various
Arrow Cruise Meet-up Thread

Unfortunately, I'll be out of the country during the excellent Cruise Do from San Francisco, but that event started me thinking: it seems somewhat likely that there may be multiple FTers on any given cruise. It's possible to meet other general cruisers using the Cruise Critic meet-up threads, but it would also be fun to be able to chat with folks who enjoy both cruising and flying.

What do you all think about a thread where we can post our upcoming cruise plans, as a resource for possible casual FT meets? There are similar threads for flights on US and visits to the RCC with UA (and probably with other airline threads as well), so I think this could work.

Edited to add:

I've now created a webpage for the Cruise calendar. It's at: http://ftcruisers.wikidot.com/

If you don't have access to the site, the default view is just the calendar list. If you create an account with wikidot**, PM me and I can send you the site password, and you can do your own editing of the calendar (add cruises, link to cruise descriptions, etc.). For members, I have also created a photos page, where people can put pictures (or links to pictures) of past FT cruise meet-ups, if they want to do so.

** No one HAS to join the wikidot site, of course. I know that I am always leery of creating a new account at an unknown website. I will say, though, that I have been using these guys for about a year (for webpages for my classes), and I have received NO spam at the e-mail account that I specifically created to set up my account on the wikidot site.

Last edited by mechteach; Mar 5, 2008 at 10:20 am Reason: Website