FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to wear on a cruise?
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2008, 7:56 pm
cbalaska

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by marris_cook
Hi.
I need some help. I am going on a cruise party and I do not know what 2 wear!!
My friends are wearing designer dresses with the latest trends. I have consulted them but they all give outdated ideas, as you know that everyone wants to be at his best.
So it beats me as what to do and I know later that it will be a puzzle for me on what to wear. I have heard about accessories being sold online with the best tags on them. I have never purchased anything via net, so I require the suggestions of online shoppers who can guide me with their experience on online shopping.
A lot about how you dress depends on the cruise line, ship and itinerary. Could you tell us that so we can better assist?

Regarding accessories, I've always found the best buys are actually onboard the ship on the day of or evening before the formal night (as long as you're at sea and the shops are open) - you're "in the mood" and happy and the deals are great and very blingy!

Most of all -- be comfortable, lose the stockings (if you're in the Caribbean it's usually hot and muggy), and have a lot of fun! No one really cares in the end what you're wearing as long as you like it.