FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BF waitlist CANCELED more than 24hrs out
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2008, 6:10 pm
CALfly5

Programs: UA 1MM but covet Qatar Q-Suites
Originally Posted by J.Edward
But seriously - I don't know who'll get the seat...maybe an employee. Either way the new BF policy can't get here soon enough.
I keep asking employees in the res ctr about the new BF gate upgrade issue, and I or Mrs. CAL probably calls every 2 weeks or so about various reservations, and NONE of the reps has heard Thing One about the "new BF Gate Upgrade policy". Not ONE in over 10 reps we've spoken to in the last month or so. (I realize there are hundreds of reps, and that CO won't tell them about it until its released, but if the program is actually underway and has any steam behind it, the grapevine is a very efficient info disseminator...)

I heard it myself at the DO in Houston last September, but here it is end of Feb -- almost a half-year later -- and we still don't have a gate upgrade policy. Nobody in res has heard of it, and no one at the gates have either. I wonder if CO is backing off on this now. Clearly if they go against their own policies and delete watilists more than 24hrs prior to departure, they aren't all that eager to accommodate people who wish to upgrade internationally using miles.