FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report Marriott Residence Inn Suncoast Parkway (Tampa Fl area)
Old Feb 24, 2008, 6:06 am
sophiegirl

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
[QUOTE=swanscn;9304542] .....The beds at this property are the worst I have ever come across (including wore out beds in a roadside motel in Tn, and a board with a pad somewhere in Germany). These mattress's are so hard that if you sleep on you side if you sleep you will wake up in pain. .....
BTW, I was told by the manager that these are the same mattress used in all Marriott's, my experience says tis is not true. But , if this is the mattress Marriott is upgrading to, run away and don't look back.[/
QUOTE]

This is a little scary - I was in a brand new RI this week in Tampa/St Pete - the Treasure Island location. About the same opening date - we loved the hotel, and were given a 2BR suite upgrade..........but the one thing I instantly noticed was the hardness of the mattress. I thought perhaps the mattress pads or whatever weren't in yet - but if this IS a new chainwide mattress, well - as the OP says - not good. (and I can sleep anywhere at any time on any surface............)

Other than that - if you want a OF hotel in kind of a neat retro style area, Treasure Island is the place - and right now they are running a 1BR Grand Opening special rate of $159- not bad for OF in FL in Feb! ^ Breakfast was above average, service was excellent, staff was very pleasant. New decor - granite countertops & stainless appliances - balconies with ocean views from all rooms, plenty of parking. We would stay here again.........