FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:55 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Cheap Elite --

So you did stay there recently? So what were your thoughts? I liked it quite nicely for the price I paid, but thought that it might be somewhat overpriced when it is fully renovated.
Yes, twice this past weekend (Friday and Sunday) and you’ll get two reviews from me. Yet I need to review pictures as I write my reviews, as I always include notes to myself in the pictures.

Besides the rooms size that you speak of, I was somewhat dismayed with the granite sink countertop -- Don't get me wrong, I like those, but have seen them at Doubletree hotels, etc., and would have thougt that a LC property would have used marble, like the Sheraton Rockville apparently used -- at least it looked like that to me!
I knew in advance I could not complain. I like the beds and TV, the classic old school décor sucks to me, but for $99 bucks and free parking I had to bite my lip. I too thought they “skimped” on the fixtures since this will be a LC property. Those sinks look like they were borrowed from an airport Sheraton. And one is up with the non matching night stands?

Upgrades are nice, but for this Gold, I do not expect them. The staff at the hotel were great, and I forgot to mention that at least on Sunday afternoon, they had cookies and tea waiting in the lobby.
The new members of the staff have a much better attitude than some of the people from the past. As a fellow Gold, I never expect upgrades, I’ve just (have) had good luck getting better rooms. Yes, in the evening they have coffee and tea on the round table in the lobby. I interpreted this, as this hotels version of a “refresh station” and I took a picture for BlissWorld, as I'm going to be adding that information to my trip reviews going forward.