FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:27 am
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Cheap Elite --

So you did stay there recently? So what were your thoughts? I liked it quite nicely for the price I paid , but thought that it might be somewhat overpriced when it is fully renovated.

Besides the rooms size that you speak of, I was somewhat dismayed with the granite sink countertop -- Don't get me wrong, I like those, but have seen them at Doubletree hotels, etc., and would have thougt that a LC property would have used marble, like the Sheraton Rockville apparently used -- at least it looked like that to me!

Upgrades are nice, but for this Gold, I do not expect them. The staff at the hotel were great, and I forgot to mention that at least on Sunday afternoon, they had cookies and tea waiting in the lobby.

Finally, ask for a copy of the history of the hotel that they have printed up for distribution to the general public -- very interesting, even if it probably was written 10 years ago.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Feb 20, 2008 at 10:37 am