FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Area Starwood Hotels (General Discussion 2008 Onward)
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:51 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just had a great stay at the Market St Westin. No upgrade to a suite (all suites taken for Valentines Day - ick, I wouldn't want a suite there for a few days), but was given a King room on the 34th floor overlooking the city.

The rooms are much larger and nicer than the St Francis new tower, and I've canceled my St Francis stay next month in order to book at the Market St again.

Word to the wise re: parking. There is a large multi-story lot right across the street which is significantly cheaper than the hotel valet. If you arrive right around 6pm, there is free street parking on the side street where that garage's entrance is (right across from the hotel), which you can use until 7am the next morning (weekdays) or through the weekend. I parked on the street from 6pm till I returned from dinner, went into the garage, and was out the next day at noon for $20 all in - less than half what the hotel charged.