FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone have a real contact number for customer relations?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:24 am
SpaceBass

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Originally Posted by StuckInRow23Middle
Hey SpaceBass

As a 150+ flight/year Chairman's Pref., you should have known never to check your luggage on bad weather days. Perhaps the supervisor was rude, but I don't think there was anything that she could have said that would have made you feel better. What did you want her to do, call over a team of sales agents from Saks and have them open up shop in the Club?
First let me say that your point is well taken. Its easy for me to get caught up in the bad vibes going around and I'll admit that I was having a bit of a whine party when I first posted.

As a matter of clarification, I was on the 2nd part of a multi city trip and had too many clothes (including snow gear from my trip to MN) to carry on. It was not like I looked out the window and saw the weather on the East Coast and thought I'd check anyway. To that point, isn't it dangerous to allow them to set a precedent that checking bags is at one's own risk? And what does weather have to do with baggage anyway? With the TSA all but saying outright no to carry on baggage and the airlines refusing to take responsibility, its only a matter of time before people really get fed up and stop traveling.

vysean nailed the sentiment. If the supervisor had at least offered some sympathy at all I would have left feeling good. In the end, I bought some cheap clothes and will salvage my trip tomorrow, but the idea that US Air doesn't care about a situation that they are (at the least) jointly responsible for is what gets under my skin...

I watched several passengers in PHL literally yell at customer service agents. Its clear that they were not frequent travelers...we've all learned that when they say its weather, complaining isn't going to fix it...just sit down and wait it out. So when my bad didn't come off I was determined not to be rude, derogatory or even accusatory, I just wanted to some customer service...someone to say "we do in fact value you and let me prove it".

Anyway, I do want to reiterate that your comment gave me reason to pause and consider that perhaps I was being a bit "bratty".