FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone have a real contact number for customer relations?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:16 am
SpaceBass

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
anyone have a real contact number for customer relations?

First, I'll admit that I am pretty upset at the moment so maybe calling Tempe isn't the best idea... but, I just cannot get over how poorly my lost luggage situation has been handled.

I'm on the middle of a multi city trip and had some rerouting around Chicago yesterday...no biggie, got me back on us metal.

I understand lost bags, and as a CP should have known better and at least not traveled in jeans....and honestly I'm not that upset about the bag being lost.

What I am ticked about is the customer service situation. Last night I said to the supervisor in BOS, in a very calm manor: "I understand that it has been a hard day, and that you did not personally lose my bag, but I am wondering if you have any suggestions for a CP who has an early morning meeting?"

She was dumbstruck "Sir, what would you like me to do?"..."well, is there anything you can suggest? I fly with your airline quite a bit and I have to lead a customer meeting at 8:00am and cannot show up in jeans, since you encounter this more often that I, I was hoping you could suggest something"

At that point she got really rude, I'm sure the result of a long day of angry passengers and said "what do you want, me to make it magically appear?" to which I said, "I've got my answer, thank you"

I tried the baggage service center this morning and they still have no idea where it is. Its clearly no on its way to my hotel so I have no choice but to go out and buy clothing. I asked if I could speak to a manager but he would not budge. I again asked "well, do you have any ideas for helping a CP and valued customer?" ... that line clearly isn't working and I got a bit snippy and said "look, I spend a lot of money to fly 150 flights a year with your company, do you think you could grab a supervisor?"...no dice

I'm sure most of us are in the same boat, wallmart clothing probably isn't going to cut it this week for me so I'm probably going to cancel the meeting. At the very least I cannot bill my ticket to the customer anymore ($1,140.00). So now I have to go spend personal cash on clothing that I'll never get reimbursed for.

So what I need is a number of someone in customer service. Not a fax number or email address... I want someone to hear me when I comment on the service of their front line employees.

Thanks for letting me rant FT...cannot wait for my status match to CO, looking forward to posting nice things again

p.s. did I mention my 2nd laptop was in the bag...oh yeah