FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cutting it CLOSE - Passport & Visa in same day in Houston
Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:09 pm
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I used the Passport office in Houston to renew a passport same day in December. I had an appointment already but it seemed they were letting others through IAM NOT SURE about that 100% though (I did overhear the guards/id checkers talking with folks that said they had no appointment but quick travel needs). I had a receipt number in hand and got in with no issues.
Everyone was there and in line before 8 am. I would suggest getting there earlier to hold a place. I turned in my documents and was told to come back by 2PM and had it at that time. I do not think you will get it by noon however. I think the earliest time was 1:30PM, and then you have to wait in another little room for a few minutes downstairs so they can call your name and you can pick it up. But I still had a new passport with the extrapages in less than 7 hours total and the fee is only 60$US extra (they were also nice enough to mail in my USG passport renewel form for free!)

I have been by the Indian consulate but have no idea how long it will take to get a VISA. YOu could go by while you are waiting for the US passport to be processed and ask.

So I know you can get the US passport in a day, but remember I had a pre"appointment".

Good luck.

Ciao,
FH