FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seatmap available for new Bombardier Q400 from SeatExpert.com
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:31 pm
GreatChecko

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What about carryon storage? Is underseat storage comparable?

Also, I only hear vague stuff about overhead storage like it won't fit "bigger" rollaboards? What about 20" rollaboards that go wheels-in on a 737 overhead (and wheels-in on many other mainline overheads)?
The overheads are on the small side. IE it probably won't fit a rollerboard of any size and are comparable to what you'd find on most regional equipment.

One of the nice things of the Lynx Q400's is that if you have something large and fragile, like a guitar, and the flight is full, there is a forward cargo bin that if you politely ask the flight attendant, she should be willing to put it up there and not in the back with the luggage.

However, in my highly unscientific measurements, I've gotten the feeling that there is slightly more room under the seats than what you would find on the F9 airbii. What this translates to is that if you have one of the slightly larger/thicker briefcases that you would normally put in the overhead, it might be worth seeing if it fits under the seat before planeside checking.