FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New US policy: No more 500 mile minimum per segment
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:28 am
ClueByFour

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
I will say this, much as it was said when they pulled the black Tuesday crap a couple of years ago:

The only thing they understand is revenue. Don't just write to executive.office or any of the individual executives. Fax or e-mail them copies of itineraries you purchased on other airlines. Continue that practice.

But you have to actually do it. Tempe is counting on the fact that FF miles and status are like liquid crack to some (and worse for others--see FT).

Get status matched and go. I have an upcoming trip where I refunded it (two turboprop/RJ segments of less than 500 miles) and bought a WN business select fare--why bother for 400 miles? That's what was scribbled on the receipt that's now in Tempe's hands (or whenever they get out of bed it will be).

Coming from me (since if they keep records from CCY they know that I only fly US when it's good for me to do so--which is usually not lucrative for them) it won't mean much. Coming from people who have never complained or rarely do, it'll mean a ton.

Show them in very concrete terms how much money is walking away.