FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAH Terminal A/Bus/Colgan Air rant
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:10 am
AngelMcD

Similar situation here!

Yesterday, I was making a connection in IAH to a Colgan Air flight. My inbound flight from the west coast was late. However, my gate was realtively close to the Terminal C busstop. And a bus was there waiting. But, my god, even after the bus left, it took almost 15 minutes to get over to Terminal A.
Me and 2 others on the same bus missed our Colgan flight by about 2 minutes. (The plane was still at the gate, but they wouldn't let us on). That really pleased us, especially after we found out that the next flight was sold out. The only saving grace was the P-CLub in Terminal A.
I was flying BOS-IAH-CLL last December. We spent about 1.5 hrs (I had a 1 hr, 45 min layover) circling, due to thunderstoms in the area. I SPRINTED off that plane, told the Red Coat I was running to CLL, hopped on the (waiting) bus, had to stop at terminal B, then got to A. I saw a person get on the CLL flight, but when I went up, the GA informed me that he had just closed the flight (obviously, I was super mad, as the bus was still at the end of the jetway - I totally could have made that flight! ). I went to the desk (it's 11:30am), agent tells me next flight is at 1:30 and is over sold. Next flight I can get a confirmed seat on is 9:30pm. I ended up renting a car and driving. Even if I had a PClub membership, a 10 hr layover for what is less than a two hour drive is totally not worth it. Of course, I was then out the $150 I had to pay for my one-way, last minute, airport to airport rental and the 500 miles, but what can you do?