FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:15 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrEzE
I have been staying at this hotel for the month of January in order to requalify for plat via the double stays/nights promo. Its about a 15 minute extra drive from where I'm working, but as of this morning I have 50 nights for 2008 - woo hoo!

Anyways, this is my 4th week here. I agree with the posters in that it is a business hotel. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and not really any decent restaurants less than 5-10 minutes away. I found the food at the bar marginal, but the bartender likes the Family Guy and had it playing on the TV so somewhat redeemable. It is a nice touch that in the morning they have someone standing by the hotel entrance handing out mini bottles of water and granola bars.

The first three weeks I was upgraded to the club floor without asking and agree with the reviews of the lounge above. My addition is that in the 3 different rooms I had on the club floor, none of them had decent water pressure in the shower. I am on the 5th floor this week and the water pressure is very good. Also, there is a guy in room 1220 that has been living there this month that has a dog. I was in room 1221 and the dog was barking one of the nights.

I am going to ask them about the internet policy, because I was told platinums don't get free internet the first week I was there. Possibly the desk clerk was wrong on this issue.
I dont get it, you said you were on the 2-1 promo, thusly you now have 50 nights that means you were there for at least 25 nights,WHY? Seems you were staying just to get Plat and didnt really have to stay there. Did you know that 12 non-consectutive Stays would have given you 24 stay credits, and 25 stay credits gives you Plat.

even if you had to stay in a Hotel, I would have switched off between Edison and Woodbridge so that I would have gotten a 500 Plat gift each stay, after my 13th stay I would have been at a Hilton or Marriott prop in the area to build up status or requalify with them as well