FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for improvement to CDG operations
Old Jan 29, 2008, 4:32 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Louie_LI
I know that ticket control you're talking about, and it is irritating. Especially since the checkers seem not to recognise e-tickets much of the time.
Yes, they're a bit - forgive my language - "monkey-trained". For instance, at T1, if you have a LH internet boarding pass, you're fine. If you have an internet boarding pass for that same LH flight but printed through the Swiss online check-in system (because of connecting flight), they don't accept it.

Originally Posted by Louie_LI
Is the taxi thing at T1 temporary due to the construction work? The last time I came through there the taxis were on the arrivals level.
The taxi rank is still at arrivals levels. But if you order a cab on the phone (Taxis Bleus, Taxis G7), the pickup point is at Door 18 on the departure level. I.e., you have to use the elevators against the flow (go down, whereas most poeple go up to the parking) and then trek through the departure level. I manage to have them pick me up at door 26 or 28 which is closer to the lifts, but still I need to change levels. Why ADP doesn't allow them to wait on the arrivals level is a mystery to me, it did work before. Perfect example of unnecessary hassle.