FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:32 pm
clover

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by ktjan
The chance of getting a suite upgrade for a plat member is highly dependent on the rate you pay at this property. I live in Chicago burb and have spent several weekends (10+) at this hotel in the past two years and I never got upgraded to a suite (always a lakeview room) due to the cheap rate I paid. When I asked if there were any suites available for upgrade at check-in, I always got the usual response: "oh sorry sir, all suites are sold out today." Whatever, whenever...
I never considered that the suite upgrades would be governed by the rate one pays though I guess it makes sense. Is this common practice or unique to W Lakeshore? I suppose they might go by status (Plat, etc.) and then rate paid. That said, I've been upgraded at Ws like the Court on things like the Amex third night free rate.

I'm headed to Lakeshore next week on one of those rates but the hotel looks pretty open right now with suites available. Hoping for the good news at check-in...or when I check spg.com the night before (per Blissworld's experience).