FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with upgrades clearing on UA937 IAD-SFO (new C/F) with CR-1?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:17 am
cstead

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Any experience with upgrades clearing on UA937 IAD-SFO (new C/F) with CR-1?

For all of the dates that I've checked, UA937 IAD-SFO shows NF0 XF0 NC0 XC0 NY0 XY0. I understand that they are doing this because these flights may operate with the new config. While I normally am pretty confident in CR-1s clearing eventually, I have no idea what will happen with this flight, as the reduced number of seats will hurt my chances if it comes down to a battlefield upgrade.

Any FTers have experience with upgrades on this flight (both Y->C and C->F)? Are seats opening up prior to check-in? Is the award and upgrade inventory always zeroed on these flights?

EDIT: As an aside, does UA even publish first class fares from Central America/Mexico to the US? Since MEX-IAD-SFO is a valid routing, and IAD-SFO has 3-class aircraft serving it, how can one book an F seat for the transcon portion (besides buying 2 sep. tix)? Since I'm trying to figure out what to buy for this oneway trip, figuring out the best cpm for crediting to BD (1x for Y, 2x for C, 3x for F)

Last edited by cstead; Jan 29, 2008 at 1:27 am