FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Olympic travel, Shanghai-Beijing
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2008, 6:51 pm
flyforsports

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by michellemck99
I booked Air China online from the US last summer with almost no glitches for a Beijing-Shanghai one way ticket. The only slightly goofy thing was that there was a separate $5 charge that came through on my credit card from some travel agency, and the Air China charge that I was expecting was $5 short (so let's say I was expecting to see a $150 Air China charge, and instead I saw a $145 Air China charge and a $5 from some random travel agency in Nevada). Other than that, no troubles, I had an electronic reservation just like any other I would have expected here in the US.

To keep things on topic, I did research OW choices and just came up empty. I wasn't going to route through Hong Kong or some such thing in order to turn a sub 2 hour trip into a significantly longer trip. So Air China it was.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not concerned about getting the absolute cheapest ticket because I'm not paying for it. But I am going to book as soon as possible as I'm sure flights will fill up as the Olympics get closer. I tried like crazy on the Air China site last night but when it to the payment option it only listed Chinese banks as options for payment.
I'll look for a phone number and try to book that way.
Is Air China preferable to China Eastern?