FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to Bangkok Eating: Restaurants, Street Food and More
Old Jan 22, 2008, 2:26 am
Elena

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Favourite BKK dining

Thought I would add some of my personal suggestions to the thread:

Restaurants:

D'Sens -French Modern by Michelin-starred chefs inside Dusit Thani Hotel (Sala Daeng)

Italianate- great Italian inside the Conrad, lovely decor (Phloen Chit)

Giusto -Italian, minimalist decor; exquisite truffle soup and seasonal choices(Sukhumvit soi 23)

Sirocco - Med food on the 63rd floor of Lebua State Tower, top-rated by Conde Nast. Warm lobster salad is my favorite. Most of food over-rated IMO. Dessert buffet is very disappointing; better to order a la carte. (Saphan Taksin)

Cy'an -Mediterranean inside the Met, white & chic, staff sports Yamamoto outfits (Chong Nonsi)

Harvey- Californian, modern cuisine such as lobster spaghetti (Thong Lo)

Bacchus -Italian & wine bar, chic decor & DJ owned by a Japanese guy (Phloen Chit)

To Die For- Casual, loungey spot with daybeds in the inner courtyard. Home cooking with a twist. (Thong Lo)

Lenotre- Wonderful cafe serving great food and pastries; great purple chairs; many locations (I usually go to the one on Soi Lang Suan)

Spring- serves Thai and also has chocolate bar Summer and outside space Winter (Phrom Pong)

Biscotti- Italian inside the Four Seasons- great for lunch, good wine list and nice desserts (Ratchadamri)

Crepes & Co- Fun & cozy place for crepes with comfy loungey sofas and the cool resident cat Mr. Crepe (Sukhumvit)

Kuppa- International, great Sukhumvit lunch spot, sofas & magazines. Expat-heavy but otherwise really nice. (Asok)

There are also many great afternoon teas in Bangkok including at the Oriental and Shangri-La. Great brunches are abundant, Four Seasons has a good one and Iso inside the Swissotel is one of the best.

Cafe Kakao is great new French cafe in Phom Prong featuring French music and great variety of chocolate desserts and homemade hot chocolate.

The Food Court inside Siam Paragon is also great for a quick bite if you're in the Siam area.

Bars:

Moon Bar-Outside bar on 61st floor of the Banyan Tree
Syn Bar- Eurochic futuristic lounge & cool drinks inside Nai Lert Park Hotel
Bed Supper Club- food & club- didn't find the food to be that great but then again that's not what you come for
Narcissus- Popular club-bar, many int'l DJs
Dali- small, relaxed art-bar, nice couches in Khao San area