FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC MIAMI Downtown Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2008, 2:24 pm
GordonGordon

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by xcalx
Stayed here for 1 night pre-cruise & was not impressed with our room, no way was it 4* for $200+ it was a joke, Ive stayed in better Miami motels for 1/4 the price.
Sorry to hear that. Just want to make sure if you stayed at IC Miami downtown, not IC Miami West. There are 2 ICs in Miami. IC Miami West is the worst IC I had ever come across, but IC Miami downtown is pretty good for RA with room upgrade although its not near the beach. Also I notice that IC MIA west has a lot of pre-cruise passengers for 1 night stay. Usually the room rate for IC Miami downtown is $300+ during high season (winter), so I suspect the one you stayed is IC MIA west. Well, I might be wrong.

I recently stayed at (non-ICHG hotel) THE PALMS SOUTH BEACH with room rate $110+ on weekday and it goes up to $200+ on weekend. Pretty good value for such a nice beach hotel, especially when Crowne Plaza the Palm at South Beach disappeared from ICHG.

Last edited by GordonGordon; Jan 18, 2008 at 2:30 pm