FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TG vs SQ - Help me with this choice
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2008, 1:10 pm
dg4255

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
TG vs SQ - Help me with this choice

Ok, here's the deal, my significant other and I will be flying HKG-SIN in May. We don't often travel to Asia so flying on Asian carriers is something rare for us. My SO could care less which airline we fly, nonstop/making 1 stop, food, lounges, etc.. , but I on the other hand am a typical FT nerd and want to go all out on this one part of the trip. Money is not a problem for this part of the trip, so F class is definitely what I would like for us. Here is my dilemma:

A) We can fly on SQ nonstop, however of the 6 flights that day, only the 8am, 4pm, and 815pm flights have the SkySuite seats. Book The Cook would be great, but not for breakfast, so the 8am is definitely not a good one. The 815pm arrives so late into SIN and that is something I am not keen on. So, that leaves the 4pm flight. A bit early for dinner, I think. But, an option.

B) We can fly on TG from HKG to BKK at 1245pm arriving at 230pm with the new F class on a 744, then have a 5 hour layover in BKK before continuing to SIN in C class on A330. We could then take advantage of the Royal Spa in the F class lounge in BKK and perhaps some amazing Thai food (if it exists in the airport.. and it is my favourite food!!) The flight would arrive into SIN at 1050pm which is not ideal, but earlier than the 815pm SQ flight arriving at 1155pm.

Price is comparable. Not interested in flying CX. My miles will credit to BD Diamond Club. Suggestions? Ideas? Experiences? Give me your vote. I am eager to hear what all your expert Asia travellers have to say.