FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do I increase volume of videos?
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:37 am
happytravelling

Programs: UA Premier
The support seems quite good for VideoRedo

Originally Posted by jw713
Would you by any chance have a link to where you found settings? I've just kinda guessed how much to up the volume to. Sometimes it's not enough & sometimes it is too much & clips. I probably need to just write down what I normally do and continue to do that.

I don't think I said it in my initial post but I've been very satisfied with Video ReDo.
I read through most posts and the support seems to be quite good. Responses within 24 hours. Many questions from newbies. I posted some questions and got answers within 24 hours. This post refers to problems the user had with audio and there is a link to a how to use the volume adjust. The user still had problems and they walked him through it until it finally worked. If you had questions, ask on the videoRedo forum and see if they are as helpful as they seem. You don't have to look for a solution - I looked at the forums to see what kind of problems the users had and if they were able to help. Seems like they did. I am not sure that this post is what you are looking for, but I would post a question in the forum to see if they are able to answer your question.

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=5569

I still have not downloaded the trial yet, it only works for 15 days and I am still travelling (as in happytravelling). I like some of the features I have seen, especially the fact that it does not recode the mpg files for audio adjustment, which suits my purposes exactly.

more info - link here: http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...+normalization
*********************** from the forum
Done, authored short DVD, same issue, PGCEdit says MPEG1 layer2 audio bit depth is 20 bit and when played on DVD, audio is clipped/distorted.

When change ifo to label audio as 16bit reauthored DVD plays fine.

As well uploaded original mpg and PGCEdit modified VIDEO_TS

Email sent to [email protected].

I must say the support provided for this software is impressive.

However, there is a link that says that they were planning on implementing
audio normalization in late '06. I have posted a question on whether this
is available in the latest product offered:

Here is the link (my moniker is the same - happytravelling):
http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/sh...4927#post34927

update - audio normalization has not been implemented on VideoReDo, but you
can save the settings.
From the forum:
Originally Posted by PhilK
I'd simply like initially to be able to adjust the overall volume of the sound track. Up or down and save the changes made.

Try the Tools->Adjust Audio menu.

You'll need to be using build 455 or later

Last edited by happytravelling; Jan 16, 2008 at 11:46 pm Reason: update on audio normalization