FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Roll Call: Report your Residence Inn 'social hour' offerings
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:48 pm
kymbakitty

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
RI @ Corona, CA

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Since Marriott decided to standardize the offerings & cut one day of offering a social hour, thought it would be good to get a roll call to see how it's working out.

So - if you're staying at a RI now or during the next few months, report your experiences during or after your stay.

* Property, date, hours, offerings, misc comments

Cheers.
I'm currently at the RI in Corona for business. This is the first Marriott property I have stayed at since around 2000. I am and have been a frequent guest at Hilton so this is new to me. I'm in the process of trying to determine whether I can maintain my Diamond and get a status with Marriott, but back to the OP.

IMHO, the RI looks exactly like the Homewood Suites. Makes me wonder, which came first? Anyway, I'm not sure what "standardizing the offerings & cut off one day of offering a social hour" means....did they use to offer a social hour M-F?

Anyway, menu is on refrigerator for the month, just like Homewood. The social hour tonight consisted of tacos with the refried beans, ground meat, chopped up lettuce/tomatoes, sour cream, cheese and salsa. Also, a separate bowl with lettuce w/tomatoes and italian dressing. I think there was ice tea or lemonade. Yesterday was chicken with some sort of tomato sauce and cheese on top with spanish rice. Lettuce w/tomatoes and croutons for the salad. Tomorrow is supposed to be a barbeque.

No beer or liquor...but not sure whether that is typical or not.

Not at all impressed with breakfast. One of the few times I didn't grab anything....I don't eat a large breakfast so they really didn't have anything that caught my eye. They had a large vat of oatmeal, a waffle maker, I think eggs, maybe sausage. The things I like are fresh fruit, yogurt, egg whites (hard boiled eggs), granola bars...and none of them were available. Oh yah, they had those large vats of cereal. They had apples/oranges that I could have taken, but no bananas. But I have plenty of breakfast items so I don't need to go down there anyway. I really, really miss the beautiful fresh fruit last week at a Hilton...and they had the yogurt I liked too (Dannon Light & Fit). Not too often do I find hard boiled eggs....but those are already great too.

That's about it....hope I appropriate addressed the OPs info request.

Dawn

P.S. Hi Skiadcock!!!!!!