Old Jan 14, 08, 8:30 am
RAPC

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ashcroftj1 View Post
Hi. I'm planning a stay in May for a few nights and was wondering if there were any more recent updates? Everything up to this point sounds amazing! We are planning on doing a few trips out of course, but one concern was food/location. Are there any places recommended outside of the hotel that would be a quick drive, or should we plan to drive into Cork City Centre each time we plan to have a meal?
Just following on from weatherguy's feedback, we stayed at Fota this weekend just gone. It was as excellent as ever. We well looked after and got a great Suite once again. The staff were superb - everyone was very friendly and checking if we needed anything. ^

The hotel is a little bit on its own, so you ideally need a car, or to make use of hotel transport / taxis. Some of the local experts will be better placed on where to go outside of the hotel, but you are spoilt for choice within a reasonable distance from what I can gather. We've been to the hotel a few times now and still haven't made it to the centre of Cork

I would suggest getting in touch with James, who is the front office manager at the hotel. He does a great job at the hotel and has also helped other FTers with their stays at the property. I will PM you with his email address. He is also on here as jmd4211 but it is probably easier to contact him directly.

Finally, if your dates are a little flexible, we will be hosting an FT Do at the hotel in early June and you would be extremely welcome to join us there. Details available via the link in my sig file below