FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead behavior!
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:27 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I hope the outcome was the FA forced Mr. Arrogant to take his bag back where he was sitting. I've put my bag in other locations, but generally because that's where the open space was - not putting it at row 2 and then sitting at row 40. How does putting one's bag at row 2 help to deplane faster anyway? That is some oddly twisted logic.

Some FAs do a great job of guarding FC overhead space, and even the pillows and blankets...on one flight, the FC FA locked up the FC pillows/blankets until coach boarded, then came through the cabin and handed them out. OTOH, some FA's don't pay any attention to what people are doing or take action when someone steps out of line.

I've frequently witnessed coach pax putting their bags in FC, and even reaching over and taking pillows, blankets, magazines and headsets, and on Delta which leaves out small water bottles on the FC seats, I've seen coach people snatch those as well.

Yes, I have informed on a coach passenger who put their bag in the FC bin when a late arriving FC customer couldn't find a place for their bag, and I've also asked a FA to tell a coach passenger to remove their bag from my FC bin space when they boarded in front of me, stowed their bag and left with no room for mine.