FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead behavior!
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:59 am
aviators99

Overhead behavior!

I knew that people were selfish about overhead space, but on one of my CO flights yesterday I actually heard someone justify it out loud!

A guy boarded the flight, and proceeded to attempt to put his bag in the first class overhead and walk back to coach. The flight attendent said, "Excuse me, that storage space is for first class." He said, "Oh, it is? Okay," and removed it. He then put his bag in the overhead for the second row of coach, and continued to walk back. "Um, are you in that row?" she asked him. "No, but it's not first class," he replied. "But there will be people sitting in those rows who will need the space," she explained, echoing my own thoughts. I was incredulous at his response: "But it helps me get off the plane faster"

I guess this person (and the countless others who do this) don't even think about the person sitting in those rows having to go *back* after the plane lands to get their bag. These people who do this don't care about anyone other than themselves, and this guy actually said it out loud. If everyone would use the overhead space by their seats, it's the most efficient way for all to get off the plane.