FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planet Hollywood 2008 [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2008, 4:21 pm
CandymanJim

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Just got back an hour ago, Jose at the Gold/Plat desk was awesome. When I walked up he said he automatically upgraded me to the Resort room for my gold status, without asking. I had a business associate with me without status on her own reservation and Jose gave her an upgrade as well and a view of hte fountains! We were in room 1871 which is refurbished nicely. Now the have a 42 plasma and tasteful decor in the rooms. No more sofa, but two nice chairs. I dont think they did anything with the bathrooms as they are marble anyway, but the Aladdin shower knob is still there (shaped like a lamp). Very happy with the new design. My parents are still there and I checked out their room. They were on the 11th floor in a resort room in the old style. Looks old and dated, kind of reminds my of Circus Circus. Much prefer the new rooms.

FYI - Make sure to check out the new "pit" The BlackJack dealers here do a go-go dance on a rotation shift standing on a small platform between the tables with very little to cover themselves with. Unfortunatley they are all $25+ tables here though...

Jim