FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lounge Access in SYD" Thread [Merged]
Old Jan 11, 2008, 4:38 am
Downunder girl

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by AndDee
Yep have to agree, now this raises my point that with UA giving out so many upgrades profitbility on this route is questioned. The further cutback to the RCC lounge may be another sign that UA will pull out from this route in a few years ?
Hmm well maybe its time I learnt about the NZ Airpoints upgrade system then .

Not much point continuing to bank miles with UA if they will no longer be flying from my home town. Its hard enough as it is for me to keep status here.

BTW, I have heard that SYD LAX/SFO was an extremely profitable route for UA and not just for pax, but for freight! The planes are generally full to the brim, especially in Y. How often do you get that empty middle seat free in Y??

As I said before I thought the SYD RCC was good. It served its purpose for me, it was better than waiting at the gate. Yes it is smaller than LAX and (possibly) JFK but it had better food choices than both of those USA lounges IMHO. The only other lounge I have been in was QF SIN and that was out of this world in comparison ^:-::-::-::-::-:. Actually there really is no comparison at all.