FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIA and LH: Checking through possible when holding separate e-tickets?
Old Jan 9, 2008, 11:30 pm
GwailoSIN

SIA and LH: Checking through possible when holding separate e-tickets?

Hi all,

I am new here so apologies if this type of question has been answered before.

My question:
If flying SIA SIN-FRA and then catching a domestic LH-flight FRA-TXL (Berlin), can I check my baggage through and connect in transit (and avoid immigration) even if I have two separate e-tickets?
I want to do the same on the way back, but this time it's BCN-FRA with LH and then FRA-SIN with SIA.

The connection times in FRA would be relatively short, 75 and 80 minutes respectively.

Any difference if I do it with SIA in SIN or with LH in BCN?

Background:
It looks like if I book the flights separately online on LH and SIA websites, the tickets are cheaper than what I can get with an agent (+ I get more miles when booking online with Amex Krisflyer card). Maybe I have the wrong agent? I am relatively new to Singapore and to Frequent Flying in general so would be happy for recommendations for agents. Can I book on the phone with SIA and still get good rates? Never tried that, always booked online.

My status with SIA: Currently I have no status on SIA but at the time of the flight (August) I will most likely have at least Silver Status, maybe even Gold or PPS membership (will fly lots of business class in SIA from Feb 08 onwards). Would my status make any difference when trying this?

Thanks in advance!!
GwailoSIN