FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luo Hu border to Shenzhen Airport
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 08, 10:10 pm
rkkwan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
We went from Kowloon to SZX on 12/23 and then return on 1/1, using the new direct bus service between the Elements shopping center in West Kowloon (MTR/AE - Kowloon Station), and SZX. $90 each way, or $160 roundtrip.

I can highly recommend it. The new Western crossing in Shenzhen Bay/Shekou is very nice. You only have to get off the bus once, and there's no wait for either the Hong Kong or China counters, both times.

Another plus is that the Chinese don't segregate the passport/visa holders (like me) with those using the Home Return Permit (like my relatives and most people on board the bus). We use the same counters. [Worse is Lowu, where passport holders have to go through counters at different floors, so getting the group together afterwards can become an issue.]

Also, there's a nice sitting area inside the Elements Mall (1/F, directly across from Starbucks), and you ride a long escalators directly down to the coaches. They even have lockers there. Quite civilized.

Only thing I don't like is that the only drop off point at SZX is at Terminal A. It requires a fairly long walk to Terminal B. Return, the coach picks up at both.

Overall, I highly recommend this service. Coach departs Elements at :15 and :45; departs SZX at :00 and :30. Though they advertise the time as 75 minutes, both times we find that it's closer to 90. Still very reasonable.

---

Another group goes by taxi from Lowu to SZX. It's only about 130RMB. I think with 2-3 people traveling together, that's fairly inexpensive and easy.