FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Packing & Toiletries Tips for Carry-on Only Travel
Old Jan 5, 2008, 5:36 pm
dannythecat

Programs: AC E
I've collected a few small glass lotion pots over the years - the little trial size things you get in those cosmetic company bonus offers. They hold maybe 5-10ml of moisturizer or whatever large lotion you care to transfer into a tiny container, they're already labelled as cosmetic to avoid any potential TSA issues, and they're tiny, tiny, tiny whilst still managing to hold enough for a week or two of travel.

Apart from my moisturizer, the only other liquid I regularly bring with me is my perfume (no, scent police, I do not wear it on the plane, but I do like to have it on hand; though I have been tempted to spray it around when there is a particular exuberant plane farter in the vicinity). Whenever I purchase a new bottle, I ask the staff to throw in a few of the sample size vials for travel purposes and they are always happy to oblige.

If anyone's in or travelling through Canada, especially Western Canada, it's worth stopping by a Rocky Mountain Soap Co. store. They have wonderful, all-natural soaps, and in their retail locations they offer them in "hotel" sizes for $2 a piece. Perfect for a short trip, and they fit in those mint tins - the small ones you get at Starbucks and other spots.