FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2008)
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:03 pm
darius13

Programs: IC RA, BA Club
IC Frankfurt

IC Frankfurt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room on points and received upgrade to executive Room as RA

How are the rooms?
Excellent room, large and clean with toiletries my wife banned me from using as they were too good for me!

Mini bar was OK and replensihed dailey - room cleaning was efficient and thorough.

Our welcome gift was a fruit, wine and mineral water. Mineral water replenished daily.

How is the exec. lounge?
Our room type did not include access to Club Lounge but the hotel agreed I could buy one day access at 50 euros for both my wife and I and then thye would throw in the other 2 days for free. This was a bargain with excellent breakfast, snack lunch and hot dinner selection included each day in addition to free soft drinks and beer during the day and wine/spirits in the evening.

What was good and what was bad?
Very modern hotel - right at the heart of all the shopping and upmarket exclusive stores. Staff without exception all very helpful and pleasant.

Downside for me was the modern design of the hotel with the ground to top floor 'atrium' reception area - it did seem souless to me but my wife was impressed by it. I guess its a matter of individual taste.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes!