Old Jan 1, 08, 11:25 am
miikka

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
Originally Posted by mosburger View Post
Well, I would still choose AY biz even with the old seats just because of the legroom and opportunity to sleep better. And for the biz class SFML seafood meal that AY does better than anyone else.
Ah, good point but then this is an area where it goes to personal opinions. I, for example, do not value leg room so much as long as it is decent and I don't sleep very much on board - few naps are okay but the only time I really actually slept hours was onboard on VS UC. The bed was just too good so I couldn't resist and slept pretty much all the flight.

But because I am one of those who are awake onboard then I value nice service, some snacks and very good entertainment.

Never tried SFML, maybe it is indeed so good as everyone tells. But then again, I don't travel usually in Business class.

Originally Posted by mosburger View Post
And AY longhaul Y meals are lower in quantity and quality than what Dragonair serves on the Shanghai - Hongkong hops in economy.
Agree, they are horrible and I am known to be a person who eats pretty much everything.

I have one upcoming HEL-PEK-HEL trip coming in couple of weeks for pleasure and I booked it just because it was a really nice weekend fare. Transfer in LHR isn't always fun but for CX it could be worth the extra trouble, have to consider my options for the future.