FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2-Class Reconfiguration and May Travel
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:42 pm
YX802

Programs: YX
Originally Posted by Tim34
I think that they will pick the A320 (cause NWA uses them as well) but it doesn't matter the seats will be 3X3 with 12 signature seats. The airline industry is on tough times, Maxjet just went bankrupt, Virgin America and Skybus have not been able to make a profit yet, Midwest is losing money like crazy, Frontier might go bankrupt (United and Southwest are squeezing the hell out of them in DEN and Frontier has not successfully expanded beyond DEN), Delta is ending MKE-SLC, Jetblue is in trouble, Southwest is scaling back their operations and even talking about merging with Airtran, United wants to merge with someone, NWA (need I say more) and all Delta cares about is international travel. Times are tight. The old days of Midwest are gone. I think that Midwest will pull out of some of these smaller markets (in northern WI) and scale back on long haul flights. MKE-SEA will be May – October (like SFO). I think MKE-LAX is fine (help, I know little about LAX, I hate LAX and never fly there again). Some east coast routs may see more RJ service as well.
LAX sucks, I used to enjoy SNA even thougjh it involved a connection in MCI. The cost of doing business at SNA was just too high, and it was another cost cutting measure by YX. MKE-LAX seems to do well year round.