View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 07, 3:11 pm
DenverF9Flier

Programs: F9 Ascent, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
A for Customer Service. "Consistantly Good". Almost every interaction I have with Frontier employees across the board is positive. The vast majority of them are friendly, helpful, and genuinely seem to enjoy their job. Once in a while you get a couple (cough... LAX... cough) who break the mold, but 95% of the time they are fantastic. Ditto for the phone res agents, it's literally faster to call them than go online, they are that good and that quick.

A+ for EarlyReturns, but only because of a very narrow set of circumstances:
1. I live in Denver
2. I fly 1xRT/week Domestic only
3. I tend to fly to major cities with a fairly flexible schedule

If you meet the three criteria above, then ER is a great program, with benefits higher than even top-level elites on many others.... such as unlimited no-fee reservation changes, +/- 1 day standby for free, complimentary Booze and TV, and ER+ (30k miles to fly anywhere for Xmas/Thanksgiving/Major holidays with little to no advance notice is a GREAT deal). And everyone gets free changes on award tickets & full miles back for only $35 if your plans change... being able to reserve a 15k mile award ticket "just in case" and change/cancel it later with little trouble is a major +.

I flew about 35k this year on F9/25K on UA. If I shifted it all to UA and made 1P, I would still be worth less than dog food to United. Upgrades on major routes are usually taken by higher-status / revenue pax. I don't fly enough to earn many international awards anyway, so the bigger route network doesn't help. And I would have to put up with the "consistantly inconsistant" service.

If you live in DEN and fly enough to get top status, ER is an A+ program.