FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Signup Bonus for Diners Club
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2007, 7:31 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Anyone know of any new or upcoming sign up bonuses for DC...or is the only deal the 12k miles over 12 months?

Also, how do DC credit limits compare to other cards?
The 12k miles over 12 months bonus has been the only signup bonus (and the consistent signup bonus) for years and years and years (over half a dozen years at least, I think). I don't see any reason to expect a better one in the future; in fact, if anything is likely to change about it, it would be a devaluing of it, I'd fear.

Meanwhile, as I already explained to you in the other thread, it's hard to compare DC credit limits to anything other than AMEX MR. That's because DC and AMEX MR are charge cards, not credit cards. Charge cards are cards on which you have to pay the statement balance in full every month; there's no such thing as minimum payment, and there's no "visible" or "fixed" credit limit. Because you can't carry a balance, the credit limit is "behind-the-scenes", and can change periodically without you knowing anything about it, and it can be hard to get them to admit there's one and to get them to tell you what it is at that moment (and even harder to get them to tell you how it might change in a few months). Most other cards are true credit cards, in which the credit limit applies to your total balance (for most people, only applies if they carry a balance from month to month), and thus is a different concept. Since it applies to a carried balance, they tell you what it is up front.